Restoration and Specialty Cleaning Services for Homes and Businesses
"Nobody Does It Better"
 Call 478-742-1411                      
Name of Service
 Do I have Mold?
Is Mold dangerous?
What can I do about Mold?

Almost every week we get calls from people who are concerned about
mold in their home or business. Their hope is that we can spray some
chemical on the mold and it will go away. Unfortunately, mold removal
is usually much more complicated.

No one wants the expense of removing mold. It seems to be one of those things that  we put off as long as we can. But once a building is contaminated with mold, the mold will not go away by itself. If the conditions that caused mold to grow are not dealt with the mold will continue to grow. The more mold grows the more damage it can cause.

What is Mold and Mildew?

“Mold” is a simple class of fungi. It’s often used as the term to describe any fuzzy growth seen on surfaces. The terms “mold” and “fungi” are used interchangeably. “Mold,” however, is more commonly used to describe these kinds of growth.

The term “mildew” is often used interchangeably with “mold” and “fungi” although mildew is actually fungi that cause plant disease.


Spores are the reproductive structures (just like seeds) that allow 
mold to spread to other areas. They are small and light (half a million
spores can fit on a penny) and are easily transported through the air.
Spores can remain dormant for longer than 20 years until the right
conditions are present for growth. The good news is that only about 
20% of spores are viable (able to produce more fungi) but whether or
not the spores are literally dead or alive they can still produce 
allergens and may even be toxic to some people.

Spore Exposure Health Effects

Byproducts are produced during the normal life cycle of mold. One 
group of mold byproducts is called mycotoxins. A mold may produce
 oneor more mycotoxins and they can be found inside and outside the

Mycotoxins can be toxic, cancer-causing and suppress the immune
system. They are not produced by all molds although mold related to
water damaged structures such as stachybotrus, chartarum, aspergillus
versicolor and tricoderma do produce mycotoxins.  

One type of dangerous mold is named Stachybotrys and can causes
dizziness, diarrhea, coughing up blood,nosebleeds, seizures,
headaches, lack of concentration, etc. Stachybotrys appears as a 
greenish-black,sooty growth on drywall like the picture below

Thank You for Allowing Duraclean To Serve You​

Mold Remediation and Clean Up Services
The information presented here is from an excert fo a publication we developed, 
"Facts About Mold and How to Remove It".  This publication includes more information about mold, the causes of mold, were it is found, how it is tested and how it is removed. If you suspectthat you have mold in your house or business this publication can help you make and informed decision of what to do about it.  

For your free copy of "Facts About Mold and How to Remove It", Please fill out the box below and include your mailing address in the "request" section. Or call us.  

Above is a foot infection caused by alternaria.
Mycotoxin exposure symptoms may include : runny nose, asthma,
skin rash, headaches, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, sore throat,
memory loss, lung bleeding, vomiting, fragile blood vessels,
muscle pain, joint pain, depression. Infections may also result due
to mold exposure.